Full Job Description
A six month temporary position has become available in Maidstone for an Administration Assistant.
This is a very busy role where you will be supporting several members of staff.
You must have an intermediate level of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
* Provide administrative support for key strategic learning initiatives and programmes including printing and collation of materials, scheduling appointments, collation of attendees, input and tracking of data, test administration, and general admin duties.
* Maintain and update the team's filing systems, including manual sources and computerised data input (using SharePoint).
* Liaise with course leads to get course registers and associated assessment paperwork back in a timely way and work with other members of the L&D support team to update central training records.
* Administration support to the Head of Learning and Development to assist with recruitment of apprentices, including arranging and setting up interview dates, printing and collating applications, and liaising with HR to advertise new job opportunities.
* Assist with the review and management of waiting lists and update the central training recording system.
* Assisting in updating course information that is being reviewed/created using either Word or PowerPoint.
* Uploading reviewed and updated training materials onto a central online portal.
* Book meeting rooms and venues and ensure the necessary resources are in place.
* Be highly organised to plan and prioritise own work activities to respond to frequently changing priorities, handling a diverse workload methodically to ensure deadlines are met.
* Create and edit Excel documentation using data from a variety of sources, including exporting data from reports, organising and formatting data (creating pivot tables, multi-level sorting of data, adding information, such as charts or diagrams, inserting data from other programs, application of formulae, merging and cross referencing data from various sources).
* Create and edit Word documents, including formatting text, creating and maintaining guidance notes, manuals, inserting tables of contents, page numbering, inserting pictures and screen grabs; inserting tables, tracking changes, use of cut and paste; and proof-reading prepared documentation.
* Create and edit PowerPoint presentations in conjunction with subject matter experts' requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, which involve the ability to communicate to a range of audiences and customers clearly and concisely.
* Able to use online file management systems (for example, SharePoint or similar) and the use of metadata would be an advantage, however training can be given on this.
Monday - Friday 9am-5pm, pay depending on experience.
Apply today if you are available immediately.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Kent's Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.