Supply Chain Manager
Full Job Description
A Supply Chain Leader is required to join a company with impressive plans into 2018 and beyond.
* To provide Strategic and Operational leadership to a fully integrated Supply Chain function within the business. Specifically leading the sales and operations planning, production control, customer service, procurement, materials control and internal / external logistics processes to achieve the Company business plan goals.
* To put in place an industry leading team for the Supply Chain department that can support the needs of the Business Plan including planned growth and profit objectives.
* To engage fully with the Senior Leadership Team both in terms of representing and leading the Supply Chain Function and in contributing to the business planning process.
* To develop and maintain appropriate management information through the policy deployment framework to be able to manage the department's performance.
* To be a leader for improvement activities through The Company Continuous Improvement Processes.
* To support the Operations Director and the Operations team in achieving collective objectives against the business plan.
* To deputise for the Operations Director when required.
* To build strong customer relationships at a senior level within our major customers.
* To lead the on-going development of our ERP system and, in particular, the continuous improvement of our Production Schedule and MRP.
* To ensure that all business areas where supply chain operate are proactively managed in terms of health, safety and environment.
* A comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing and engineering environment
* A minimum of 4 years' demonstrated experience of leadership in a supply chain / manufacturing operations environment
* Bachelor level qualification in an Engineering or Business discipline, an equivalent relevant professional qualification or equivalent relevant industrial experience
* Extensive experience in ERP systems, improving MRP and production scheduling.
* A thorough knowledge of Purchasing techniques and deployment of purchasing strategy.
* Experience of stock control and lean logistics.
* The ability to deal with customers and suppliers at all levels professionally; inspiring confidence, trust and respect.
If feel you can meet the specified aspects of the role and are seeking to join a progressive, growing and exciting business please apply today with an up to date CV and an indication of your expected salary level.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.